A Time for Reflection
With the declining temperatures and a snow day under our belt the start of a new year is upon us. With a new beginning comes a time of reflection as the administration continues to work to move the district forward. This time of reflection brings to mind a number of accomplishments achieved in 2016 which are:
- SMK at a Level 1 Accountability Rating
- Grade 6 Band Established at WMS
- New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC) Full Accreditation
- Universal Breakfast Program that provides free breakfast to all SMK students
- Service Level Funding secured for the 2016/17 school year
- Implementing of the Workshop Model at WMS
- Implementation of the Measured Academic Progress (MAP) assessment in grades 2-8
- Summer Jobs & Beyond Grant Recipient
These are just a few accomplishments that occurred during 2016. As we prepare to ring in the New Year the district’s resolution includes the following:
- To assure our campus remains safe and the environment within our buildings are conducive to learning
- Develop a District Improvement Plan that includes Inclusive Practices to meet the needs of all our students
- To move our district to a Level 2 Accountability Level
Thanks for allowing me to reflect on the old year and provide for you my New Year resolutions for 2017. As we move into the new year the prospects of Ware Public Schools is strong as I anticipate another year of outstanding accomplishments. Stay connected to the website as I share with you the many activities occurring throughout the district.
The administration of Ware Public Schools is wishing all of our students, families, and community Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year.